Birch Bark Planter DIY

June 6, 2014

birchbark1

birchbark2

I love plants, I love having indoor gardens of cacti and succulents. But I do not love the color of traditional terra cotta pots. However I do love trees, specifically birch trees. I love the texture and the nuanced white and grey colors of their bark. Every time I see a birch tree I see if any bark has fallen, I come back from trail runs with arm fulls of birch bark. I love finding ways to incorporate nature into decor and these birch bark planters are the perfect way.

birchbark3

Supplies;
Terra Cotta Pots
White Matte Spray Paint
Birch Bark
Hot Glue

Steps;
Evenly spray paint the terra cotta pots.
Do so in a well ventilhated area on a covered surface.
Let the spray paint dry.
Using hot glue, cover the surface of the pot with birch bark.
They are now ready to fill with soil, succulents, and cacti.

birchbark4

birchbark5

I made these last August and I still love the atmosphere they bring into my dwelling.

xo

8 comments

  1. i love this idea!

    xxoo,
    nikki

    www.dreaminneon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. These planters are so beautiful, I definitely pulled some inspiration from this to make my own! Please checkout my blog :)
    http://somethinghere-somethingthere.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love birch trees! I'll have to try this

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are adorable. I've been looking for some inspiration for my new apartment thanks so much!

    Love from Canada,
    Marie from www.ElleCharie.com
    ♥♥♥ Enter to Win AMAZING Beauty Products♥♥♥
    Elle Charie on Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this is a really cool idea for a DIY! I would love to try this with my indoor plants!
    xx,

    Paisley

    paisleynotplaid

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, love birch trees! This looks absolutely amazing, you are great for posting this!
    Would you like to follow each other on Bloglovin'? I'm following you from now! :)

    http://couturecase.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE how natural these are. Great job, Juliette!

    -Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this idea !!
    I like to paint my pots too !

    xx,
    Maïa
    http://wildandfolkheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© Juliette Laura. Design by FCD.